Senior Administrative Assistant
The Beacon Group based in Portland Maine is focused on providing guidance to Global Fortune 500 companies with strategies and tactics to win in their markets. With clear direction on achieving top-line growth through both organic and inorganic means, Beacon's output is designed to have a direct impact on client profitability.
This role will report directly to the Director of Operations. The Senior Administrative Assistant will initiate, coordinate, and execute administrative support to Beacon’s Operations, Finance, Human Resources and Leadership teams. This position will be exposed to confidential information.
The Senior Administrative Assistant will work in a fast-paced office environment in which accountability is crucial. Hours may vary depending on the needs of the company and its leadership team; however, the employee can generally expect to work during regular business hours.
A Senior Administrative Assistant will hold a variety of responsibilities including:
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for key members of leadership
- Completes expense reports for key members of leadership and processes timecard and expense reports; ensures that correct account codes are used
- Proactively establishes, and maintains highly organized filing system; files correspondence and other records.
- Coordinates calendars and schedules appointments, ensuring all parties are informed of and kept abreast of schedules.
- Coordinates meetings including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas and other meeting materials, reserving and preparing facilities, and recording and transcribing meeting minutes.
- Orders and maintains supplies; coordinates equipment maintenance.
- Assists in development and implementation of department systems and procedures as needed.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Assists with special projects as assigned in the realm of marketing, operations and analytics
- Assists in outside vendor coordination
- Technical Systems troubleshooter and coordinator w/ outside firm
- New Employee systems setup coordinator
- Help to maintain a clean and organized office environment
- Back-up to other members of the support team as required on administrative duties as prioritized by the director of operations
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent, five or more years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures; familiarity with concur preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and conference phones
- Proficiency in MS office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Experience with CRM, accounting software or advanced analytics tools a plus
Beacon will only consider candidates who currently possess US work authorization.
The Beacon Group offers its employees competitive compensation, benefits and vacation package.
Located on the Maine coast two hours north of Boston, Portland is Maine’s largest city. It is filled with galleries, boutiques, and award winning restaurants. It has accumulated several national awards for “best of” categories including Most Livable City (Forbes.com), Greenest City (Organic Gardening Magazine), and is rated #6 on Forbes Best Cities for Young Professionals.
The Beacon Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected under law.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Admin in the subject line.