Director of Aerospace, Government & Defense Practice
The Beacon Group based in Portland Maine is focused on providing guidance to Global Fortune 500 companies with strategies and tactics to win in their markets. With clear direction on achieving top-line growth through both organic and inorganic means, Beacon's output is designed to have a direct impact on client profitability.
Our Defense Practice provides innovative growth strategy support to our global client base of Fortune 500 clients. Beacon engagements span aerospace, defense and government sectors.
The position works directly with Practice Area leadership to oversee multiple projects, managing several consultants and clients simultaneously. Approximately half of each working day is devoted to business development activities with Defense sector clients, and the other half of the working day is focused on project delivery. The role offers an opportunity to have an immediate impact on those you support and work with ensuring project teams are making daily progress through regular interaction with officers and junior staff across project teams. Approximately 25% of the year is spent traveling taking part in business development, client reviews and presentations for the business unit.
- Introduce Beacon to new clients
- Work with junior staff to maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive database of client relationships
- Identify new engagement and business development opportunities with Defense industry clients across aerospace, defense and government sectors
- Develop, write, and present engagement proposals
- Maintain a full schedule of meetings with clients and potential clients
- Lead one to three (1-3) project teams on six to eight (6-8) week engagements
- Supervise primary research with market participants
- Facilitate daily team meetings/interactions
- Prioritize research needs and assignments; set and maintain expectations with the team
- Support project teams with thought leadership and constructive feedback
- Maintain Beacon's daily deliverables and deliver weekly update documents to the client
- Lead presentations of Beacon materials with clients
- Manage client expectations and ensure strong communication between Beacon and client
- Build/strengthen relationships with clients through project work
- Other duties as assigned
- An MBA combined with experience across one or more of the following is required: consulting, defense, aerospace, government background, or sales.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team and positively influencing others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the firm. Mentoring experience a plus.
- Ability to research thoroughly under tight deadlines, translating knowledge to writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to learn a set of domain knowledge in a finite period of time, and then communicate that knowledge in an articulate fashion.
- Project management and presentations skills are fundamental for success in this position, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with senior members of the Aerospace, Defense and Government team.
Beacon will only consider candidates who currently possess US work authorization.
The Beacon Group offers its employees competitive compensation, benefits and vacation package.
Located on the Maine coast two hours north of Boston, Portland is Maine’s largest city. It is filled with galleries, boutiques, and award winning restaurants. It has accumulated several national awards for “best of” categories including Most Livable City (Forbes.com), Greenest City (Organic Gardening Magazine), and is rated #6 on Forbes Best Cities for Young Professionals.
The Beacon Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected under law.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Director of Defense Practice in the subject line.