The Beacon Group based in Portland Maine is focused on providing guidance to Global Fortune 500 companies with strategies and tactics to win in their markets. With clear direction on achieving top-line growth through both organic and inorganic means, Beacon's output is designed to have a direct impact on client profitability.
The Beacon Group offers an exciting opportunity to build a career in management consulting. A Beacon Group Manager must be equal parts consultant, team leader, and project manager. The must also professionally liaise with the clients for the engagements which they manage. Team-based delivery of projects with frequent client interactions is the model in which a new Manager is quickly immersed.
Beacon Group Managers have an eye on both the big picture and the details. They provide intellectual leadership for project teams while ensuring that engagements meet client needs. A Manager must have excellent organizational and time management skills, with the capability of providing exceptional oral and written presentations to Beacon clients.
Top Managers who have demonstrated outstanding capabilities and a strong interest in a longer-term future at Beacon may earn promotion to Director. At 6 month intervals from the Manager’s promotion date, a formal review is given to assess progress and future career opportunities with the firm.
- To perform the role of team leader, spearheading project teams comprised of Beacon consultants
- To perform the role of project manager, overseeing all aspects of client engagements
- To conduct research and analysis relevant to client engagements
- To supervise the research and analysis performed by project team members
- To serve as a mentor to junior firm members
- To commit to his/her own professional development, while supporting that of their colleagues
- To provide intellectual leadership and analytic guidance for project teams
- To contribute to building long-term relationships and developing new business with existing clients
- To interact with clients frequently throughout the course of engagements, presenting both in person and in writing and ensuring all client needs are met
- To support and further develop the firm’s cultural, ethical and mission objectives
Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant business experience, MBA and/or language capabilities preferred but not essential.
Beacon’s Manager Candidate should have at least two years of professional experience and/ or hold an MBA from a leading business school. We also welcome candidates with foreign language capabilities.
Beacon’s Manager Position will go to the applicant capable of excellent performance in the listed responsibilities with a strong record of professional and academic achievement with outstanding motivation to succeed.
Beacon will only consider candidates who currently possess US work authorization.
The Beacon Group offers its employees competitive compensation, benefits and vacation package.
Located on the Maine coast two hours north of Boston, Portland is Maine’s largest city. It is filled with galleries, boutiques, and award winning restaurants. It has accumulated several national awards for “best of” categories including Most Livable City (Forbes.com), Greenest City (Organic Gardening Magazine), and is rated #6 on Forbes Best Cities for Young Professionals.
The Beacon Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected under law.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Manager in the subject line.