Senior Manager

 

About Beacon:

 The Beacon Group based in Portland Maine is focused on providing guidance to Global Fortune 500 companies with strategies and tactics to win in their markets. With clear direction on achieving top-line growth through both organic and inorganic means, Beacon's output is designed to have a direct impact on client profitability.

 

Career Path:

Senior Managers are responsible for project, client, and team management ensuring daily progress is made to meet client objectives.   In addition to managing multiple projects across practice areas, Senior Managers perform a leadership function to act as role models and to train and develop the consultants and senior consultants.  Senior Managers actively contribute to thought leadership at the firm, which is critical to the position’s success.

Eighty (80%) percent of each working day is focused on project delivery with the other twenty (20%) percent focused on business development.  Up to ten (10%) of the year is spent traveling.

After mastery of the Senior Manager position, those possessing an MBA become eligible for promotion to a Director-level position.  This promotion to the senior staff allows the opportunity to specialize in one of the firm’s four practice areas.

 

Job Responsibilities:

  • Lead multiple project teams on quick turn growth strategy projects
  • Supervise and conduct secondary and primary research with market participants
  • Facilitate daily team meetings/interactions
  • Prioritize research needs and assignments; set and maintain expectations with the project team
  • Support project teams with advice, suggestions, and constructive feedback
  • Maintain Beacon deliverables day-to-day and deliver weekly update documents to the client
  • Participate in and lead presentations of Beacon materials with clients
  • Manage client expectations and ensure strong communication between Beacon and client
  • Work closely with senior staff to prepare and write project proposals

 

Qualifications:

  • MBA required
  • Previous consulting/management experience is preferred
  • Ability to research thoroughly under tight deadlines and write clearly and concisely
  • Ability to learn a set of domain knowledge in a finite period of time, and then communicate that knowledge in an articulate fashion
  • Proven project management and presentations skills
  • Proven ability to prioritize workload and manage time
  • Ability to manage projects from inception to fruition
  • Demonstrated experience in managing a project team
  • Ability to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the firm
  • Mentoring experience a plus
  • Strong analytical, communication, and writing skills
  • Resourceful with the ability to take initiative

 

Beacon will only consider candidates who currently possess permanent US work authorization.

 

The Beacon Group offers its employees competitive compensation, benefits and vacation package.

Located on the Maine coast two hours north of Boston, Portland is Maine’s largest city. It is filled with galleries, boutiques, and award winning restaurants. It has accumulated several national awards for “best of” categories including Most Livable City (Forbes.com), Greenest City (Organic Gardening Magazine), and is rated #6 on Forbes Best Cities for Young Professionals.

The Beacon Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).  We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected under law.

 

How to apply:

Send cover letter and resume to resumes@beacongroupconsulting.com with Senior Manager in the subject line