Senior Manager/Director of Human Resources
The Beacon Group based in Portland Maine is focused on providing guidance to Global Fortune 500 companies with strategies and tactics to win in their markets. With clear direction on achieving top-line growth through both organic and inorganic means, Beacon's output is designed to have a direct impact on client profitability.
The firm has maintained consistent growth over the last several years and is pleased to offer an opportunity for a Senior Manager/Director of Human Resources in our main office in Portland, Maine.
As a part of the leadership team, The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for advising senior staff on all matters related to human resources. Specifically the role will manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change. The position reports to the CEO.
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Responsible forhuman resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Provide full-cycle recruitment supporting our continued growth initiatives. This would include but is not limited to, research and internal administrative hires at both a junior and senior level.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Seven or more years of experience in Human Resources, Talent Acquisition or related field
- Three or more years management experience
- Ability to work in a fast pace, complex, changing work environment
- Experience working at consulting firms; or complex financial institutions.
- Exceptional organizational skills; Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to influence and partner with different levels of the organization to achieve results
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
Beacon will only consider candidates who currently possess permanent US work authorization.
The Beacon Group offers its employees competitive compensation, benefits and vacation package.
Located on the Maine coast two hours north of Boston, Portland is Maine’s largest city. It is filled with galleries, boutiques, and award winning restaurants. It has accumulated several national awards for “best of” categories including Most Livable City (Forbes.com), Greenest City (Organic Gardening Magazine), and is rated #6 on Forbes Best Cities for Young Professionals.
The Beacon Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected under law.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Manager/Director of Human Resources in the subject line