Senior Manager/Director of Industrials Practice
The Beacon Group based in Portland Maine is focused on providing guidance to Global Fortune 500 companies with strategies and tactics to win in their markets. With clear direction on achieving top-line growth through both organic and inorganic means, Beacon's output is designed to have a direct impact on client profitability.
Beacon’s Industrials and Energy practice provides market insight and strategic growth development. Beacon is on the leading edge of helping our clients grow their businesses and navigate shifting market landscapes. IIOT, renewable energy, machine automation, and cyber security are just a few of the areas our team focuses on.
Beacon’s Industrial practice is growing rapidly and is looking to hire a Senior Manager or Director. This role encompasses several responsibilities including project delivery / management, as well as client facing business development. The ideal candidate will be able to professionally liaise with clients for engagements, ensure team-based delivery of projects with multiple internal and external interactions, and be a role model by training those who are preparing to become a new manager.
Manager’s/Directors have an eye on both the big picture and the details. They provide intellectual leadership for project teams while ensuring engagements meet client needs. Depending on years’ experience and business exposure will dictate title expectations.
- Oversee engagement teams comprised of experienced and new Consultants
- Perform the role as project manager; overseeing all aspects of client delivery
- Leading one to four project teams on six to eight week engagements
- Conduct analysis of research deliverables that will create strategies relevant to client engagements
- Supervise the research and analysis performed by team members
- Write proposals and other statements of work; slide deck input and strategic direction by assisting others with their presentations
- Provide intellectual leadership and analytical guidance for Consultants and project teams
- Interact frequently with clients throughout the course of the engagement
- Help create new clients by developing new relationships and introductions leading to expansion of our portfolio
- Contribute to long term relationships and develop new opportunities with existing clients
- Commit to further development of colleagues
- At least 2+ professional experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, market research, business operations, or management role
- An MBA or other advanced degree(MA/PHD) in a related field
- Comfort with PowerPoint and Excel and in building a robust storyline and recommendations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Hypothesis driven and willing to solve analytical business problems with data
- A Director candidate will have more years of experience and be able to quickly gain mastery of a set of domain knowledge and communicate that knowledge in an articulate fashion.
- Prior sales or client facing experience is highly preferred
Beacon will only consider candidates who currently possess US work authorization.
The Beacon Group offers its employees competitive compensation, benefits and vacation package.
Located on the Maine coast two hours north of Boston, Portland is Maine’s largest city. It is filled with galleries, boutiques, and award winning restaurants. It has accumulated several national awards for “best of” categories including Most Livable City (Forbes.com), Greenest City (Organic Gardening Magazine), and is rated #6 on Forbes Best Cities for Young Professionals.
The Beacon Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected under law.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Manager/Director of Industrials & Energy Practice in the subject line